RSPH Level 1 Award in Health Improvement
The aim of this qualification is to provide the learner with a foundation in understanding positive Health in modern day life and personal health assessment. It can be used to provide one module towards the Youth Health Champion qualification.
The programme provides an understanding of how social and medical advances have led to improvement in public health. The learner will also be provided with an understanding of how, at an individual level, lifestyle choices and behaviours can have a positive and negative effect on health.
The learner will be able to use this understanding to identify changes to their own lifestyle in order to improve their health. Delivered over two days this programme enables participants to complete a ‘Workbook’ containing evidence for submission / assessment for this award
- What is meant by health and wellbeing
- Factors that have led to the improvement of public health
- How lifestyle may have a negative effect on health
- How lifestyle may have a positive effect on health
- How to improve one’s own health
- This course is delivered by two, tutor led days. The ‘Workbook’ must be completed forcandidates to be eligible to submit their work for assessment for this award.